A delicious carrot muffins recipe.
- 3 tbsp of oil
- 5 tbsp of honey
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of apple sauce, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 3/4 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup - Shredded carrots
- ½ cup of dry fruits (cranberries, raisins or chopped apricots)
- ¼ cup walnut pieces (optional)
Steps to follow
- With an electric mixer at medium speed, mix all the ingredients from step A (oil, sugar, egg, apple sauce and milk).
- Mix together all the ingredients from step B (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt), and incorporate to the mix from step 1 using a spatula.
- Finally, add in all the ingredients from step C (carrots, dried fruits, and walnuts (optional)).
Pour in 6 big muffin pan and bake in oven for 25 minutes at 350°F or until a toothpick comes out dry.